Publix TV Ad

Thread: Publix TV Ad

Tags: None

logan01 said:

Default Publix TV Ad

Looking for the song featured in a current Publix ad. The song includes the lyrics " a/the light that keeps on shining" and another string of lyrics "keeps us together". I believe it's a male singer with an acoustic guitar or perhaps a "light" electric guitar. Thank you.

F A B Scott said:

In one of the ads it's The Pat Metheny Group - Last Train Home. I don't know the current ad but maybe it's the same musicians?????

Obviously not that one cos it's an instrumental....
    Last edited by F A B Scott; 05-06-2007 at 05:28 PM.

logan01 said:

That's cool. I think it may be someone else, however...... Anyhow, thanks for your quick response and if I have neglected to welcome you to the forum, welcome to the forum. You're doing a great job.

Mumbles said:

Do the lyrics go anything like this?

"All our lives it keeps us together it's a feeling we hold inside it's the light that keeps on shining in our eyes "
    Its nice to be important, but its more important to be nice
    Y Ddraig Goch ddyry gychwyn

logan01 said:

Alright Mumbles, quit teasing me. The lyrics might be those. They played a lot of lyrics which made me think it was an actual song. Do you have a title and artist in mind or.....

Mumbles said:

Sorry didn't mean to tease lol
    I came across this on another forum, only thing its an old post, which is why i was unsure if its the same song.
    The following is a response to and inquiry to Publix.

Thank you for your email. We appreciate our customers taking the time to contact us. The lyrics for the song used in the Mother's Day spot that began airing on Monday, 4/25 were written by Paul Brill. The original song was "Start It Again" from his album titled "Halve the Light." He wrote new lyrics just for our spot so you can't buy an album with those lyrics.

Lyrics: All our lives it keeps us together it's a feeling we hold inside it's the light that keeps on shining in our eyes

And we share our favorite memories whenever we look into each other's eyes and we know, we're gonna be there for the rest of our lives

And we share these feelings forever it's the moments that keep us tied it's the song we sing to each other all of our lives

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact us. If we can be of any further assistance regarding this matter, please either call our Consumer Relations toll-free number at 1-800-242-1227, write us at the Publix Super Markets Corporate Office, PO Box 407, Lakeland, FL 33802, ATTN: Consumer Relations, or contact us at our website, publix.com
    Thats the only thing i've managed to find so far with lyrics similar to the ones you've posted

logan01 said:

Mumbles, you're just too, too good. I betcha that's the song. I listen more to the music than I do to lyrics on most songs (as you can probably tell). I'll run that song down and let you know. Regardless, thank you very much.

Mumbles said:

There's a pretty decent length sample here CD Baby: PAUL BRILL: Halve the Light

logan01 said:

Just downloaded it from itunes. To be honest, I now can't remember the Publix tune, however, I like this one. I'm sure it's the same. I seem to recall the dominance of the drum though I mislead the world with my reference to the guitar. Sometimes, I hear what I want to hear, see what I want to see.......
    Thanks again Mumbles

PS "They" have him classified as indie. Indie must be very broad in spectrum.

Mumbles said:

Always happy to help if i can logan01 I checked out his "myspace" page and his website and i must admit i quite like his songs, so i just might be adding to my cd collection Not sure about him being indie, although i've seen him classed as rock, personaly i like his own description "Post-Country Heartache,”

logan01 said:

Post-Country Heartache, that's pretty good. Now I know I imagined the guitar since I found a quote from him that he basically hates guitars and someday hopes to make guitarless music. Wonder if he has heard of the piano?