SOLVED: Happy sunny Oldies tune (help me remember?)

Thread: SOLVED: Happy sunny Oldies tune (help me remember?)

Tags: None
  1. bugmenot1 said:

Question SOLVED: Happy sunny Oldies tune (help me remember?)

Sorry I don't have much to go on here, this familiar song woke me up on the radio and made me so happy when I woke up but being groggy I forgot it completely an hour later.

Tune is an oldies girl group or similar, female vocalists in close harmony, accompaniment has an happy accordion and rhythm section, the chorus has one two-syllable word (or maybe two one-syllable words?!) repeated three time in a row (twice by the lead singer, and once in between by backup singers on the backbeat). I can remember part of the tune but not the words.

Lyrics were something about happiness or sunshine or the clouds going away or to that effect. If I could remember I would find the song, because it is a pretty well-known oldies song!

Also if this helps the complete rotation of the radio station is here: http://www.webo1330.com/default.asp?pid=5996 (view source to search the list) so it should be there.

----

Eh, after turning it over in my head over the past few hours it came to me! What got me was this wasn't really an oldies girl group, it was folk.

"I can see clearly now, the rain is gone,
    I can see all obstacles in my way
    Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind
    It's gonna be a bright (bright), bright (bright)
    Sunshiny day.
    It's gonna be a bright (bright), bright (bright)
    Sunshiny day."

etc.
    Last edited by bugmenot1; 03-03-2009 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Solved