Without Love

Thread: Without Love

Tags: doug denslowe, doug denslowe song

Doug Denslowe said:

Cool Without Love

I wrote this in 5 minutes.....the title/chorus came to me while doing my morning stroll listening to the Beatles.It's almost an opposite message as a Beatle song,but it may have a Lennon feel to it.Hope you like it.

Babies come from
    Heaven above
    But I was raised
    Without Love.......
    Without Love
    I've lived my life
    Without Love

My mother
    Ignored me
    My father didn't give a damn
    Only thing he showed me
    Was the back of his hand
    Without Love
    Without Love
    I've lived my life
    Without Love

When I was 16
    I thought I was cool
    But most of the time
    I was playing the fool
    Without Love
    Without Love
    I've lived my life
    Without Love

Without Love...........Without Love
    I've lived my life...Without Love

At 39 my luck
    Hasn't changed much
    Never knew a woman's
    Loving touch
    I've lived my life
    Without Love
    Without Love
    I've lived my life
    Without Love...........

Written July 21,2014
    Last edited by Doug Denslowe; 07-21-2014 at 11:18 AM.

BackInBlack said:

Now you got some love. I got love for this song bro. Another one I've read tonight that I can imagine the whole song in my head as I'm reading it.

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by BackInBlack View Post
    Now you got some love. I got love for this song bro. Another one I've read tonight that I can imagine the whole song in my head as I'm reading it.
    Thanks BIB.That,to me,is the greatest thing that could be said;it can be imagined as it's being read.Since that's all we can do;read,that's the hope I have.The "Without Love" part should be sung slow and with passion.......that's what I had in mind.

Frankie Jasmine said:

Very good, Doug. Your song summary of a lonely lifetime experience is something that rings universal, I think. Many people, in their not-so-good moods or times of difficulty, times of want (lack) for love, can identify with "Without Love."

The poetry of your song is good, the repeating refrains, emphasizing "without-ness."

Kerri Faye Yates said:

Doug, so good to hear from you! Such a simple, yet WOW song. I just saw Beatlemania Live! tonight, so this was perfect timing! Another classic to add to my collection of favorites from ATL
    ~Kerri Faye

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie Jasmine View Post
    Very good, Doug. Your song summary of a lonely lifetime experience is something that rings universal, I think. Many people, in their not-so-good moods or times of difficulty, times of want (lack) for love, can identify with "Without Love."

The poetry of your song is good, the repeating refrains, emphasizing "without-ness."
    Thanks Frankie.Although this "reads" simplicity......it really has a lot of soul.......in my imagination.This song,if I could get it to the right singer,could really be great.Oh well,another one bites the dust!

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by Kerri Faye Yates View Post
    Doug, so good to hear from you! Such a simple, yet WOW song. I just saw Beatlemania Live! tonight, so this was perfect timing! Another classic to add to my collection of favorites from ATL
    I just dropped by.......I'm watching The Walking Dead on Netflix,after not watching T.V.for two months.Why I felt the need to drop by,I'll never know,but THANKS for the reply to my song.When you learn the guitar,I'll sing this for you over the phone,then you can sing it for the millions.....okay?I'll come back to give my 2 cents on others songs,after I get thru watching the Walking Dead!Grrr!

8. irwin abrigo said:

Doug, I think you have a wonderful written lyric here. Enjoy the read.

Kerri Faye Yates said:

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Denslowe View Post
    I just dropped by.......I'm watching The Walking Dead on Netflix,after not watching T.V.for two months.Why I felt the need to drop by,I'll never know,but THANKS for the reply to my song.When you learn the guitar,I'll sing this for you over the phone,then you can sing it for the millions.....okay?I'll come back to give my 2 cents on others songs,after I get thru watching the Walking Dead!Grrr!
    HAHA! You make my day with your comments, I sweat it. I don't think I'll be the one to make millions off of it; you don't want to hear me sing!
    ~Kerri Faye

amaryn said:

The typical repetitions, needed to make a message go to the world!
    I can see Three Swinging (probably)Black Ladies behind them Mississipi microphones
    humming these words in the background over and over again: "Without Love",
    turning into Three Swinging Black Bees stinging you till it hurts.
    Taken from real life, Doug, I suggest, such words drive home best.
    You did that exactly.
    Well done, FloBro.

BTW: As regards the Beatles: "Eleanor Rigby" and "With A Little Help Of My Friends" are 2 examples
    where even the Beatles went off the road of spreading happiness...

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by irwin abrigo View Post
    Doug, I think you have a wonderful written lyric here. Enjoy the read.
    Thanks Irwin.I always enjoy someone saying they "enjoy the read"!That's what I'm hoping for!

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by amaryn View Post
    The typical repetitions, needed to make a message go to the world!
    I can see Three Swinging (probably)Black Ladies behind them Mississipi microphones
    humming these words in the background over and over again: "Without Love",
    turning into Three Swinging Black Bees stinging you till it hurts.
    Taken from real life, Doug, I suggest, such words drive home best.
    You did that exactly.
    Well done, FloBro.

BTW: As regards the Beatles: "Eleanor Rigby" and "With A Little Help Of My Friends" are 2 examples
    where even the Beatles went off the road of spreading happiness...
    Thanks!You always have a nice reply that makes me both think and happy!For that I thank you!