(SOLVED) IDing a song by a Female vocalist

Thread: (SOLVED) IDing a song by a Female vocalist

Tags: None
  1. Shinde said:

Default (SOLVED) IDing a song by a Female vocalist

I've heard this song in passing twice-- once at an Irish restaurant, and at a car dealership. Unfortunately, I only catch the last parts of it, and I can't make out any of the lyrics outside of what I think is the last line of the song itself:

" ... for the first time..."

This line gets repeated often as well, so I suppose it's part of the chorus too.

The song itself is upbeat. It's sung with a female vocalist, and it sounds modern alternative/pop-like rock... if that helps at all.

Any ideas? Thanks!
    Last edited by Shinde; 07-31-2014 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Found the song!

2. fasty123456 said:

been looking around and this song has repeat number of "for the first time" but it isant sang by a girl have a listen

The Script - For The First Time
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPEBN2dVNUY

3. Shinde said:

Not the song I was looking for, unfortunately. I'm actually not 100% sure if the lyrics I heard were "for the first time," or if I misheard them. It was definitely upbeat, and the vocalist was definitely female, though.

4. fasty123456 said:

this is the only other song online that has "for the first time" in it but again its sang by a male again
    John Legend - For the First Time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v11m6OLWziI

5. Shinde said:

That's not it either. Sorry.

6. wurzlsepp said:

7. Shinde said:

That's not it. It sounded very modern and was lumped with other songs from the past few years.

8. Shinde said:

So as it turns out, I am really, really terrible at hearing lyrics. (in my defense, the first two times I heard the song, it was in brief, 10-20 second pieces... :P )

I heard the song again today and, while I heard the line "For the first time...," it wasn't as prominent in the song as I thought it was!

The song I was looking for, by the way, was Paramore's "Still Into You."

Sorry for all of the confusion and trouble, and thanks to those who attempted to help!