Calm breeze
    Cause me
    To release,
    All of this energy
    Inside of me
    that wants to be
    of use to thee.

Frankie Jasmine said:

At first I heard this as a poem; continuing on, I can definitely hear it as a song!! Would love to hear how you would have it sung if it were a song!

Doug Denslowe said:

I like this more each time I read it.I wasn't that impressed.....at first,then saw that my friend and Wizard; Frankie Jasmine liked it.I reread it,and now find I too like it!

KuroAme said:

Thank you both. I'm just getting over a severe case of writers block ^_^''

Frankie, here is what you asked for. Its just a little recording of me singing it. Nothing fancy because I can't record loudly...but it gives you the idea.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59B29v-3l8Q

Frankie Jasmine said:

KuroAme, what an interesting, lovely, haunting melody. Love the minor key. At first (since sung a cappella), the song had the sound of an old Irish tune--not a specific tune, just Scots-Irish sounding [many mountain songs from Kentucky have a Scots-Irish influence/background, nearly Middle-English origins]. As you continued singing, I definitely heard almost a cool, jazzy sound. Anyway, thank you for sharing the melody because it is every bit (if not more) interesting as your lyrics. I feel privileged to hear it.

BTW, your voice is very sweet and is a good singing voice as well.

Do you want to share anything about how you came up with this very interesting music and what kinds of music you would like to compose/sing? Anything you want to share (if you choose to share) would be appreciated. Congratulations on, not just lyrics, but an entire song that is very good! The chorus was sung nearly as I had heard it in my head the first time I read it!

_ _ _ _ _

P.S. Also hear the Indie vibe!

KuroAme said:

You have warmed me. Thank you well I've always had a love for syncopated beats so, when I found liquid drum and bass it was home. A musical medium that could be fast (bpm at 160-180) but yet still relaxing and danceable it just works for me. So once I figured how to meld my pop/jazz/rnb lyric and singing style to a drum and bass beat...well the result is something like this. Really i compose whats in my head. Theres no real genre in mind as im going (unless its dnb but thats because the song structure is simple) generally it ends up as a fusion of classical and indie pop though....elements of post hardcore.

Frankie Jasmine said:

Thanks for sharing your composition style; that it is unique is a good thing! And just right for this Indie-crazed world (count me in on that!). What is dnb, please? If you submit more songs (especially with recordings!) let me know via a wall post.

8. Peter Both said:

This song has everything. A meaningful lyric and a beautiful melody. I couldn't help myself playing along with you on my keyboard. Bm F#m7 G, Bm F#m7 Em is what I play on the first verse. I hope you don't mind me messing around with your song. It's inspiring and uplifting. Hope you get over your writer's block soon!

KuroAme said:

Drum and Bass is a genre of electronic music. It came out of Jungle (which started in the UK) Toronto used to have a massive Jungle scene back in the late 90's early 2000's. I guess the best way to explain is to show you a song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN0XnFtZ_FU
    One of my favorites.
    This gives you an idea of the composition method.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEcggRukZCs
    And thats what vocals can sound like.

Frankie Jasmine said:

"Room To Breathe" melody sounds like the song I chose for my cell ring-tone!

I know very little about electronic music; what little I know, Teshka taught me!
    Last edited by Frankie Jasmine; 10-19-2013 at 06:58 PM.