songs from joan of arcadia season 2

Thread: songs from joan of arcadia season 2

Tags: None
  1. myviolinsings said:

Unhappy songs from joan of arcadia season 2

I've collected/viewed all the sites on this show, including the ones in this forum, but there are a couple of songs I simply cannot find lyrics nor music to.

The 1st is in "Common Thread" (next to last episode) and I KNOW it has to be John Mayer singing it, but I can't find any songs by him with the lyrics search. it goes:

If I only had my yellow raincoat, i'd drive around all nite, soar across the sky

And other words are there, but inaudible in the background over character conversation. Please help if you know this song.

The other is a real hard one: It's from season 2 ep 1 "only connect." It had this song play 4 lines at the very end: no more "mornings" or mourning, not getting out of bed, no more listening to the voices in my head, they've had their time, but now it's mine, I'll take it from here.

It is sung by a woman. I've googled to death, done the lyrics sites, the cbs and tv.com sites, but no mention of this song! I'd love to hear it in full and it is NOT (as in resolved questions on yahoo answers stated) "TRY" by Nelly Furtado.

Thx

Steena said:

Try Tim Hanauer - Yellow Raincoat for the first one
    http://cdbaby.com/cd/timhanauer
    At least one of this song was on Joan ... must have been this one, I guess
    होता है जो होना है ... वक़्त ही शायद खुदा है ...
    कौन कहता है आदमी अपनी किस्मत खुद लिखता है?

3. ancientjoanfan2 said:

Ah, I must be nuts to dig up this ancient thread (sorry), but regarding your season 2 ep 1 "only connect" song question - recently re-watched that episode and came up with the same empty google search, well, except for your post of course.

But found your answer after trying a few songs titled "I'll Take It From Here"...

Try: Antara & Delilah - "I'll Take It From Here". You can find it on iTunes and Napster.

4. myviolinsings said:

Smile This completes my collection!

Thx sooooo much ancient joanfan2! I have every song on my mp3 player from both seasons except this one. NOW my collection is complete. Love JoA and songs like this one would probably not be as meaningful to me without their relationship to the episodes.

5. ChicaBomb said:

HI)
    i can't find two songs from 2nd season of joan . ep. 19
    One is playing when Adam is leaving Bonny after sex. some man is singing "I only know.." or smth like that
    and second in the end of the same episod(19) girl is singing: you said u 'd find me no matter how i 've lost, where are you when i need you most"
    i am not 100% sure but its all like that,,,
    Please help me , cause i am not native speaker..but liked those two songs so much!

6. Willfredo400 said:

I need help finding a song from Season 2 Episode 1 ("Only Connect"). The song playing in the opening scene when Joan is sitting in the park (and then again when little girl "God" is talking to Joan in the park). It looks like the original TV version used Avril Lavigne "Take Me Away" (at least everyone on the Net is suggesting that is the song during those scenes), but the music and lyrics simply do not match what is found on the DVD. Below are some of the lyrics:

Within my walls
    within my skin
    thinking of everything that i've ever known
    its a new me
    its a new world
    clear sky ahead
    solid ground below
    I can feel some coming
    here I go on my own again.

It is really great song, but I can't seem to track it down. Does anyone have any information?

7. stanmajor said:

another Joan fan...searching and searching for months on the DVD replacement songs. I have most of them...but there is one that is tough. the end of the episode CAT...when the lost cat is chasing the birds out of the tree. they replaced the Peter Gabriel song with a great reggae song which has stumped even the two music directors of the show!(go figure) John Mcclough music director for JoA sez it's LAND OF LIFE by someone named Lind or Lindsey. lyrics are(in part) "all who come to the land of life everyone who passing by all have come to raise them high" CAN ANYONE HELP????

did you find the reggae song at the end of CAT (dvd)? I can't find that...got most of the others
    lyrics(in part) everyone who's passing by all have come to raise them high.
    all who come to the land of life" may be artist with last name Lind or Lindsey

Quote Originally Posted by hajenkatt View Post
    Would it be possible for someone to post their playlist with their collection Joan of Arcadia songs? There are several that I haven't tracked down yet, and that would be so helpful in completing my collection. Thanks so much!!
    One Of Us...Joan of Arcadia theme...Joan Osborne
    Tomorrow...Avril Lavigne...Pilot Ep.
    I Believe In You...Sinéad O'Connor...Pilot Ep.
    Perfect...Maren Ord...Fire & Wood Ep.
    World Keeps On Spinning...Taylor Sorensen... Touch Move Ep.
    Beautiful Day...Mellowdrone...The Boat Ep.
    I Will Love You...Fisher...Drive Ep.
    When It Comes Around...Reed Foehl...Uncertainity Principle Ep.
    Time...Chantal Kreviazuk...Jump Ep.
    Nobody's Fool... Avril Lavigne...State of Grace Ep.
    Always...Robert Scheffler...No Bad Guy Ep.
    Collide...Howie Day...Do The Math Ep.
    Remind Me...Fisher...Anonymous Ep.
    Stumbling To Bethlehem...Patti Scialfa...Silence Ep.
    How Does It Feel...Avril Lavigne...Only Connect Ep.
    I'll Take it From Here...Antara & Delilah...Only Connect Ep.
    Take Me Away...Avril Lavigne...Only Connect Ep.
    Can't Be Long...The Enablers ...Out Of Sight Ep.
    Walk Away...Alex Nifong...Back To The Garden Ep.
    If You Hear Me...Dogwood Moon...The Cat Ep.
    Yesterday's Child...Patti Scialfa.. Election Ep.
    Peace...Monica Schroeder...Friday Night Ep.
    This Is Our Life...Mary Beth Maziarz...No Future Ep.
    What Else Can I Do?...Karla Anderson...Romancing the Joan
    I Say Love...Todd Thibaud...Secret Service Ep.
    Where Were You.. Sweet Talk Radio...Trial & Error Ep.
    Words Fail You...Kris Delmhorst...Spring Cleaning Ep.
    Give It Away...Quincy Coleman...Spring Cleaning Ep.(Replacement,as Joan crys over pics)

Quote Originally Posted by Willfredo400 View Post
    I need help finding a song from Season 2 Episode 1 ("Only Connect"). The song playing in the opening scene when Joan is sitting in the park (and then again when little girl "God" is talking to Joan in the park). It looks like the original TV version used Avril Lavigne "Take Me Away" (at least everyone on the Net is suggesting that is the song during those scenes), but the music and lyrics simply do not match what is found on the DVD. Below are some of the lyrics:

Within my walls
    within my skin
    thinking of everything that i've ever known
    its a new me
    its a new world
    clear sky ahead
    solid ground below
    I can feel some coming
    here I go on my own again.

It is really great song, but I can't seem to track it down. Does anyone have any information?
    I found one song from Only Connect on the DVD version(a replacement) I'll Take It From Here..Antara & Delilah

Quote Originally Posted by hajenkatt View Post
    Would it be possible for someone to post their playlist with their collection Joan of Arcadia songs? There are several that I haven't tracked down yet, and that would be so helpful in completing my collection. Thanks so much!!
    Give It Away...Quincy Coleman...Spring Cleaning Ep.(Replacement,as Joan crys over pics)
    Last edited by Mixalopoulos; 12-04-2011 at 07:27 PM.

8. hajenkatt said:

9. rocketgurl said:

Post Song at the end of The Cat? FOUND IT!

". . .JoA sez it's LAND OF LIFE by someone named Lind or Lindsey. lyrics are(in part) "all who come to the land of life everyone who passing by all have come to raise them high" CAN ANYONE HELP????"

I knew it sounded familiar but didn't even connect that "Lind" or "Lindsey" is Jordan Lindsey the lead singer and frontman for The J Band. The song isn't called "Land of Life" it is called "Raise 'Em High" & can be found on The J Band's album, The Africas & Ithicas (http://www.thejband.com/home.html)
    I've had this cd since 2004 and I love it. I knew this song sounded familiar but I couldn't imagine that a band that I actually knew (Jordan was best friends with a good friend of mine so he played at our youth group and I've met him before) was actually on Joan of Arcadia. So excited! I just wish they were credited for it because they're awesome.

10. stanmajor said:

Quote Originally Posted by rocketgurl View Post
    ". . .JoA sez it's LAND OF LIFE by someone named Lind or Lindsey. lyrics are(in part) "all who come to the land of life everyone who passing by all have come to raise them high" CAN ANYONE HELP????"

I knew it sounded familiar but didn't even connect that "Lind" or "Lindsey" is Jordan Lindsey the lead singer and frontman for The J Band. The song isn't called "Land of Life" it is called "Raise 'Em High" & can be found on The J Band's album, The Africas & Ithicas (http://www.thejband.com/home.html)
    I've had this cd since 2004 and I love it. I knew this song sounded familiar but I couldn't imagine that a band that I actually knew (Jordan was best friends with a good friend of mine so he played at our youth group and I've met him before) was actually on Joan of Arcadia. So excited! I just wish they were credited for it because they're awesome.
    WOW...THANKS TO Y0U AND GOD (KRIS LEMCHE) I ALREADY FORWARDED YOUR POST TO JOHN MCCOLLUGH WHO WAS MUSIC DIR FOR JOA AND GAVE ME THE INITIAL INFO ON "LIND". I will hopefully get it off that link or from CDbaby or somewhere and add it to my list as MY favorite song in all the JoA shows. Again...thanks!
    Last edited by stanmajor; 12-14-2011 at 09:35 PM.

11. stanmajor said:

I have added the song title and J band to my master list of favorites and will re-post it on the Joan of Arcadia message board on IMDB....so they'll get a bit of publicity with that. I downloaded it from Amazon (after much trouble getting it into my itunes!)
    Last edited by stanmajor; 12-10-2011 at 05:26 AM.

12. stanmajor said:

Raise Them High...The J Band...The Cat (new end song)
    Give It Away...Quincy Coleman...Spring Cleaning Ep.(Replacement,as Joan sobs over pics)